I’d be a billionaire if I gained $ 1 every time someone gripes that the truly amazing domains happen to be taken. It is simply not the case, however. Even in a very competitive industry, you are able to come up with original, appealing domains for companies by utilizing naming tactics that couple of people use, like these:
- Concentrate on results. What’s the outcome or finish result that individuals wish to have from purchasing a particular service or product? How can they think whether they have finished the transaction? My very own company title, Named at last, falls into this category.
- Search for puns. Make a listing of relevant key phrases, say each aloud and adjust the sounds. Puns are a smaller amount likely than other sorts of names to possess been registered as their component parts aren’t actual words. For example, the title sites faction, for any website design company, would be a finalist within our first naming contest – as well as an available domain in those days despite hundreds of 1000’s of website design firms within the English-speaking world.
- Think slang. Give your imagination and memory fly around for pleasing-to-the-ear expressions. By today, the domain BoyOhBoyToys.com to have an online toy store is non-listed, as is a domain for its sister store AttaGirlToys.com.
- Go symbolic. Suppose you are a specialist around the horror genre and wish to begin a compensated network for horror fans. Horrorific.com, horrorgate.com and Horrornet.com are taken, but by today, the less apparent and much more vivid FrightOwl.com isn’t.
- Vary real words. “Google’s title is really an experience the term googol, which refers back to the # 1 then a hundred zeroes,” states the Press Core world’s most effective internet search engine. “The term was created through the nine-year-old nephew of math wizard Edward Kasner,” it continues – supplying another hint for creative naming: consult a child.